Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Update: What I've been reading lately

Forgivness I ask to my avid readers (yes, all three of you, including myself and my girlfriend) for not updating this more often.

I've been reading what has been thus far a very basic book on strategy and game theory, called 'Thinking Strategically: The competitive Edge in Business, Politics and Everyday Life' by Avinash K. Dixit and Barry J. Nalebuff.

Strolling down Harvard square I found this book at the Harvard Bookstore... With such a title, how could anyone resist to read this?

A lot of times the most obvious things written concisely and eloquently are what I find the most useful. So if you were to get anything from this book (and I quote), I'd recommend you to get this (and some of it is a bit out of context, but it's still valuable)

"...The strategic insight is that other people's actions tell us something about what they know, and we should use such information to guide our own action"

Print it, frame it, and hang it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home