Friday, April 21, 2006

New beginnings: A focus on focusing

I've been thinking about what I'd like to do my blog about and I just can't come up with an original insight.

So, I've decided to try and focus on writting about possible business ideas or just my general comments on different types of bussinesses.

I will write indiscrimentaly though, so no matter how silly the idea might be I will be posted here.

Here's a thought, for example:

  • I already run a different webpage and I've started using Google AdSense. So far, the first month made me $20. If I had at least 3 webpages just as succesful, that'd pocket me $60 a month... Which is a heftly $720 bucks a year!
  • The webpage I'm using as an example is all in spanish though. Spanish speaking countries, such as the one where I come from, are behind in technological advances (read internet) If I crated an english version of the site I am sure I could get more than that (current site stats: 150 visits per day, 2,000 pageviews)
I'm into photography so one of the sites could sell cheap photographs with a semi-pro quality of just about anything (panoramas, city scapes from my travels, maybe even a few random corporate if I put myself into it)

I need to do more research about this, and procrastinate less (which is my biggest problem) and see if I can put up-to-date a few sites and pocket some extra money.

In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to write down all these thoughts so that I don't dish them for some quality guitar playing time.

Note: Information above is only revenue. Doesn't take into account any expenses or opportunity costs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home